Queso Mac and Cheese, Instant Pot
#907 Comment on this recipe.
- 2 T butter
- 1/3 c red onion finely diced
- 1/2 lb small pasta noodle, such as shells or elbow macaroni
- 1 2/3 c water
- 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes with green chiles, (Rotel)
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese cut into cubes
- 1/3 c whole milk, more as needed
- 1/3 c cilantro roughly chopped, optional
- Add butter to Instant Pot, and melt on saute function.
- Add onions, and saute until softened.
- Add pasta, water, and tomatoes to pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. When timer is up, quick release.
- Instant Pot should switch to keep warm mode.
- Stir in cubed Velveeta, and milk. Stir until cheese is melted. Add additional milk in small quantities if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Garnish with cilantro, optional. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Course: Side Dish
Type of Food: Pasta Dish,Vegetarian
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: No
Prep Method: Instant Pot
Themes/Holidays: Cinco de Mayo