Mushroom Barley Soup, Instant Pot
#902 Comment on this recipe.
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (can use baby bellas)
- 4 c vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 c barley, pearled
- 1/2 t marjoram
- 1/2 t sage
- 1/2 t parsley flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 t pepper
- Set Instant Pot to saute setting and add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add celery, carrots, and onions. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until onions are just becoming translucent.
- Then add mushrooms and continue sauteing for another 3 minutes.
- Press cancel to stop the saute cycle and add broth. Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot (scrape the any cooked-on bits).
- Add barley, marjoram, sage, parsley, bay leaves, and pepper. Stir well.
- Secure lid and cook on manual (pressure cook) on high for 20 minutes.
- Let natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest. Remove lid, remove the bay leaves and stir.
Type of Food: Soup,Vegetarian