Strawberry Rośe Snack Cake
#855 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 1/2 c freeze-dried strawberries, 28 g, divided
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 2/3 c rosé wine
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- reserved powdered strawberries, from cake
- 2 1/4 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan or a 9 inch round pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Process freeze-dried strawberries in a mini food processor until powdered, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Measure 3 tablespoons powdered strawberries into a medium bowl (reserve remaining powdered strawberries in the food processor for Frosting).
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to bowl.
- Using a spoon, make a well in center of flour mixture, and pour rosé wine, oil, and vanilla into well.
- Crack egg into rosé mixture. Pierce egg using tip of a whisk, and lightly beat together.
- Fold egg mixture into flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Using parchment paper overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Place butter, cream cheese, and salt in bowl, and beat with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add reserved powdered strawberries, and beat on medium-high speed until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute.
- Add powdered sugar, and beat on low speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake.
Serves: 6 to 9
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Type of Food: Cake,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Rośe Wine
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake