Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
#85 Comment on this recipe.
Source: Beth Dunn
This is the first recipe Beth gave me, it is still one of my favorites! She gave it to me when we went to visit her in Philly. Thanks Beth!
- 7 slices bacon
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 2/3 c swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 t chicken broth
- 1 c herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 30 medium mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook unti crisp, remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Cook onion and garlic in bacon drippings. Drain.
- Mix onion, garlic and bacon with cottage cheese, swiss cheese, broth and stuffing mix.
- Fill mushrooms with stuffing.
- Place mushrooms in a 9x13 inch baking pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Type of Food: Mushroom Dish
Key Ingredient: Mushrooms,Cheese,Bacon
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake