Korean BBQ Country Style Ribs, Instant Pot
#812 Comment on this recipe.
- 2 lb country style pork ribs
- 2 T kosher salt
- 1 T five spice seasoning
- 2 T oil
- 1 (16 oz) bottle Korean BBQ sauce
- green onion, sliced, for serving
- steamed rice for serving
- Season ribs with salt and five spice seasoning. Make sure to coat all sides and rub it in.
- Turn on 6-quart (or larger) Instant Pot to sauté setting. Pour oil into the bottom of the insert.
- Once the Instant Pot shows "Hot", start adding in the ribs (two at a time) and brown each side (about 3-4 minutes per side.)
- Remove browned ribs, set aside and continue browning the rest of the ribs. Add in additional oil, if necessary.
- Once all the ribs are browned, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Carefully remove any excess oil from the bottom of the insert. Then place all the ribs into the bottom of the pot.
- Pour half the bottle of Korean BBQ sauce over the top of the ribs.
- Cover Instant Pot and make sure lid is in locked position. Turn the valve on the top to "Sealing."
Press the "Pressure Cook" button, high pressure, and set for 25 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure.
- After it has finished cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes. Then switch the valve to "venting" to release the rest of the pressure. The float valve will drop, letting you know it is safe to open the lid.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: No
Prep Method: Instant Pot