Macaroni and Cheese, with Ham and Peas, Instant Pot
#811 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 c water
- 2 t hot sauce
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- 1 t dry mustard
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 3 T butter
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded ( 2 c)
- 5 oz American cheese, shredded ( 1 1/4 c)
- 3 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (3/4 c)
- 2 c frozen peas, thawed
- 8 to 12 oz ham, diced
- Combine the macaroni, water, hot sauce, nutmeg, and dry msutard in a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- After the pressure cook cycle is complete follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release and wait until the cycle is complete. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid and switch to the low saute setting.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, butter .
- Then add the cheeses, a little at time, while constantly stirring, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in the peas and ham, until combined.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Type of Food: Pasta Dish
Key Ingredient: Ham,Cheese,Pasta
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Instant Pot