Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos, Instant Pot
#756 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 - 2 canned chipotles in adobo, finely chopped, plus 2 T adobo sauce
- 3 T honey
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 lime, juiced
- warm tortillas, for serving
- toppings: cubed avocado, cilantro, boom boom sauce, optional
- Combine the chicken chipotles and adobo sauce, honey, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and cumin in an Instant Pot. Stir well.
- Cook on high pressure for 13 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes; then release remaining pressure and open lid.
- Remove the chicken. to a bowl or cutting board using tongs.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Meanwhile, reduce the sauce by setting the Instant Pot to saute and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pot.
- Stir in the black beans and a squeeze of lime juice, set to saute and let the beans warm through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve in tortillas with desired toppings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Type of Food: Taco
Key Ingredient: Chicken
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Instant Pot
Themes/Holidays: Cinco de Mayo