Beef Macaroni Casserole, Instant Pot
#742 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28 oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 c beef stock
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/2 lb dried elbow macaroni, or other pasta
- 1 1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat the pressure cooker using the brown setting.
- Add the oil and brown the beef. Avoid breaking up the beef too much, but let it cook in larger chunks.
- Add the onion, peppers, herbs and spices, salt and pepper and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring well.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, ketchup and elbow macaroni and lock the lid in place.
- Pressure cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure with the quick release method and carefully remove the lid.
- Give the ingredients a good stir, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve with grated Parmesan cheese or for a cheesy dish, stir in the grated Cheddar cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Type of Food: Pasta Dish
Key Ingredient: Beef,Pasta
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: No
Prep Method: Instant Pot