Green Chicken Chili
#735 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 t pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t ground cumin
- 4 c chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 c jarred green salsa
- 1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream for garnish
- avocado for garnish
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add onion, pepper, and salt and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium high. Stir in broth, beans, and salsa and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until flavors have melded, about 10 minutes.
- Using back of wooden spoon, mash some beans against side of pot until chili is slightly thickened.
- Stir in chicken and cilantro and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and avocado, if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Type of Food: Chili
Key Ingredient: Rotisserie Chicken
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Stovetop