Triple Chocolate Cookies
#719 Comment on this recipe.
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 c bittersweet chocolate chips
- 7 T butter, cut into pieces
- 2 t instant coffee
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 /2 t salt
- 1 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chips, and butter in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently, until completely smooth and glossy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir coffee powder and vanilla extract together in small bowl until dissolved.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until very thick and pale, about 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla mixture and beat until incorporated, 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to low, add chocolate mixture, and mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl.
- Using large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semisweet chips into batter.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes until batter firms up (it will more closely resemble thick brownie batter than cookie dough).
- Meanwhile, adjust two oven racks to upper- and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350°F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoon batter per cookie, place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are shiny and cracked on top, 11 to 14 minutes, rotating baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking time.
- Place baking sheets on racks and cool cookies completely, on baking sheets, before serving.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Type of Food: Cookie,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Chocolate
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake