Easy Apple Pie
#701 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 (14.1 oz) box refrigerated pie crust
- 6 c granny smith apples, about 6 apples, 2 1/2 lbs
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 T flour
- 1/2 t cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 T butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel, core and slice apples. and place in medium bowl.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon, mix to combine.
- Allow apples to stand while preparing crust.
- Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- Add apple mixture to plate with crust, dot with butter, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Top with second crust.
- Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute.
- Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Type of Food: Pie
Key Ingredient: Apples
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake
Themes/Holidays: Picnic,Pi Day,Fourth of July