Cauliflower "Caviar" with Frizzled Prosciutto
#69 Comment on this recipe.
Consider substituting bacon for the prosciutto!
- 4 c coarsely chopped cauliflower florets (about 2 lbs)
- 5 t olive oil, divided
- 3/4 t fresh black pepper, ground
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 4 oz prosciutto or bacon, chopped
- 1 T garlic, minced
- 1 T sherry vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped
- 24 belgian endive leaves (about 2 small heads)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange cauliflower florets in a single layer in a 9x13 inch metal baking pan.
- Drizzle with 1 T olive oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt tossing to combine.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes or until cauliflower is lightly browned.
- Heat remaining 2 t oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto to pan; saute until crisp; stirring occasionally. (Be careful not to burn the prosciutto.)
- Add garlic to pan; saute 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine cauliflower mixture, prosciutto mixture, and vinegar in a large bowl; coarsley mash with a fork.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Spoon 2 T cauliflower mixture into each endive leaf.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves: 24 Appetizers
Key Ingredient: Vegetables,Prosciutto,Lettuce
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: Yes,
Prep Method: Stovetop