Chicken Taco Meat
#677 Comment on this recipe.
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 t paprika
- 1 T cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato sauce
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat until hot.
- Add the chicken in batches and cook, browning, a couple minutes per side; remove the chicken to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add the garlic and onions to the skillet and cook briefly.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt to taste.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and 2 cups water to create a broth.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the broth is reduced by half.
- Let cool, divide among 4 freezer bags and freeze.
Serves: 16 to 20
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Key Ingredient: Chicken
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Stovetop
Themes/Holidays: Cinco de Mayo