Red and Green Fruit Salad with Mint Syrup
#645 Comment on this recipe.
If pomegranates are not in season, just omit them!
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c fresh mint
- 2 quarts strawberries, halved or quartered
- 1/2 honeydow melon, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 c red grapes, halved
- 1 c green grapes, halved
- 4 kiwis, peeled and cut into half moons
- 1/3 c pomegranate seeds
- Bring the sugar and 1/2 c water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the mint.
- Let steep until the syrup cools, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour syrup through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the mint.
- Refrigerate in a covered container until ready to serve.
- Combine strawberries, melon, grapes, kiwis, and pomegranite seeds in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the fruit with the mint syrup and gently toss to coat.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Type of Food: Vegetarian,Vegan
Key Ingredient: Fruit
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Refrigerator
Themes/Holidays: Christmas,Christmas Eve,Christmas Morning,Picnic,