Buttermilk Raspberry Cake
#641 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, melted and at room temperature
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 c fresh raspberries
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with 2-inch-high sides. Line the bottom with a parchment paper round.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Fold in the berries. (Be careful not to overmix.)
- Scrape the batter into the pan.
- Bake until the edges of the cake pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto the rack; peel off the paper.
- Let cool.
- Before serving, dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Type of Food: Cake/Cupcake,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Berries
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake
Themes/Holidays: Fourth of July,Christmas Morning,Picnic,Tailgate,Tea Party,Valentine's Day