#636 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 c (130 g) all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon of flour (plus more for prepping cake pan)
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1/2 c (4 oz, 113 g, 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c (160 g) sugar
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
1 t lemon zest (optional)
- 2 c (325 g) blueberries, rinsed and drained (if using frozen blueberries, thaw and drain first)
- 1 t lemon juice
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter an 8 or 9 inch springform pan and dust with flour. Or use an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan, butter and dust with flour and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Vigorously whisk together 1 cup of flour with baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter on medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, a couple minutes more.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the lemon zest if using.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Combine the berries with the remaining teaspoon of flour and the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Spoon the berry mixture over the batter.
- Bake on middle rack in oven for 45 to 55 minutes at 350°F, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully slide a thin knife around the edges of the cake to release it from the pan.
- Transfer cake to a platter; berry side up.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Type of Food: Cake/Cupcake,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Berries
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake
Themes/Holidays: Fourth of July,Picnic,Tailgate,Tea Party,