Chicken Breasts, Grilled and Glazed
#516 Comment on this recipe.
- 1/4 c salt
- 1/4 c sugar
- 4 (6 to 8 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 t nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 t pepper
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 recipe Apricot-Mustard Glaze, or glaze of your choice
- Dissolve salt and sugar in 1 1/2 qts cold water.
- Submerge chicken in brine, cover, and regrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine milk powder and pepper in a bowl.
- Preheat grill, by turning all burners to high, cover and heat grill until hot, 15 minutes.
- Leave primary burner on high and turn other burner(s) to medium-high.
- Clean and oil cooking grate, with vegetable oil spray.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of milk powder over 1 side of chicken, lightly spray coated side of chicken with oil spray until milk powder is moistened.
- Flip chicken and sprinkle remaining milk powder over second side, lightly spray with oil spray.
- Place chicken, skinned side down, over hotter part of grill and cook until browned on first side, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Flip chicken, brush with 2 T glaze, and cook until browned on second side, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Flip chicken, move to cooler side of grill, brush with 2 T glaze, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Repeat flipping and brushing 2 more times, cooking for 2 minutes on each side.
- Flip chicken, brush with remaining glaze, and cook until chicken registers 160°F, 1 to3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 1 hour and10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Key Ingredient: Chicken,
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: No
Prep Method: Grill