Chimichurri Sauce, Pomegranate
#497 Comment on this recipe.
This sauce could be used on any cut of beef steak.
This sauce tastes best when used fresh but can be refrigerated, with plastic wrap pressed directly on surface, up to 3 days.
- 1 c flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 c cilantro leaves
- 1 T mint leaves
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
- In food processor bowl combine parsley, cilantro and mint leaves. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Process until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl and slowly whisk in oil until incorporated and mixture is emulsified.
- Stir in pomegranate seeds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour (if preparing sauce in advance, refrigerate and bring to room temperature before using).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Type of Food: Condiment/Sauce,Vegetarian,Vegan
Key Ingredient: Parsley,Cilantro
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Food Processor
Themes/Holidays: Christmas,Christmas Eve