Chimichurri Sauce, Smokey Red
#496 Comment on this recipe.
This sauce could be used on any cut of beef steak.
This sauce tastes best when used fresh but can be refrigerated, with plastic wrap pressed directly on surface, up to 3 days.
- 2 t dried oregano, Mexican preferred
- 1/4 c hot water
- 1 1/3 c finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- Combine hot water, oregano, and salt in small bowl; let stand 5 minutes to soften oregano.
- Pulse parsley, garlic, chipotle chiles, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in food processor until coarsely chopped, about ten 1-second pulses.
- Add water mixture and vinegar and pulse briefly to combine.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl and slowly whisk in oil until incorporated and mixture is emulsified.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour (if preparing sauce in advance, refrigerate and bring to room temperature before using).
Serves: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Type of Food: Condiment/Sauce,Vegetarian,Vegan
Key Ingredient: Parsley
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Food Processor