#436 Comment on this recipe.
Source: Mrs. Elizabeth Cieslak
Stush's Mom, Mrs. Cieslak, liked to make these beans for parties.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1 t mustard
- 1 t vinegar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 (17 oz) cans baked beans
- 1 (16 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 oz) can chick peas, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz) can lima beans, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry bacon in large skillet, remove bacon and set aside, and drain fat.
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Combine, bacon, ground beef, onion, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, baked beans, kidney beans, chick peas, and lima beans.
- Pour into a Dutch oven or a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, until bubbly.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Course: Side Dish
Type of Food: Bean Dish
Key Ingredient: Beef,Bacon,Beans,Onions
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Stovetop,Oven Bake
Themes/Holidays: Picnic,Fourth of July,Tailgate,Western