#384 Comment on this recipe.
The chicken can be substituted for steak, chorizo or any meat you prefer.
Serve the burritos with tortilla chips and a side of queso!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 (4 oz) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1/2 pkg fajita seasoning
- splash of vinegar
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 to 1/2 c olive oil
- buritto sized soft tortillas
- 1 recipe Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 recipe Mexican Black Beans
- 1 recipe Corn Salsa
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream and/or Cholula Hot Sauce (optional)
- Combine chipotle chiles, fajita seasoning, vinegar and water in blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- While running; drizzle in oil.
- Pour over chicken and let sit for 1 hour or overnight.
- Grill chicken on low or medium low heat, until chicken is done.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Let chicken sit for 10 minutes; cut into bite sized pieces.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and microwave to warm and steam the shells.
- Assemble burritos with rice, beans and desired toppings.
- Wrap in aluminum foil; serve.
Type of Food: Sandwich/Wrap/Panini
Key Ingredient: Chicken,Corn,Beans,Cilantro,Cheese,Sour Cream
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: No
Prep Method: Food Processor,Grill
Themes/Holidays: Cinco de Mayo