Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
#361 Comment on this recipe.
These eggs cook very quickly, so it’s important to be ready to eat before you start to cook them.
- 8 eggs (instructions included for other amounts)
- 1/2 t salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 T butter
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, and milk.
- Whip with a fork until streaks are gone and color is pure yellow; stop beating while the bubbles are still large.
- Meanwhile, put butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet, then set the pan over high heat. When the butter foams, swirl it around and up the sides of the pan.
- Before foam completely subsides, pour in beaten eggs. With a wooden spatula or a nonstick-safe egg turner, push eggs from one side of the pan to the other, slowly but deliberately, lifting and folding eggs as they form into curds, until eggs are nicely clumped into a single mound, but remain shiny and wet, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- For 2 eggs, season with 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 grind of pepper, and 2 tablespoons milk. Heat only 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, use a 8-inch skillet. Cooking time is only 30 to 45 seconds.
- For 4 eggs, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 grinds of pepper, and 1/4 cup milk. Heat 3/4 tablespoon butter and use a 10-inch skillet. Cooking time is about 1 minute.
- For 12 eggs, season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 6 grinds of pepper, and 3/4 cup milk. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and use a 12-inch skillet. Cooking time is 2 1/2 to 3 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Type of Food: Egg Dish,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Eggs
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: No
Prep Method: Stovetop