Holiday Wassail, (slow cooker)
#350 Comment on this recipe.
- 6 inches stick cinnamon
- 10 allspice berries
- 12 whole cloves
- 12 c water
- 6 oz frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate (3/4 c)
- 6 oz frozen raspberry juice blend concentrate (3/4 c)
- 6 oz frozen apple juice concentrate (3/4 c)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- 6 tea bags
- orange slices for garnish, optional
- In a tea infuser ball, (or tied of piece off cheesecloth) place allspice and cloves.
- In a 3 1/2 to 5 qt slow cooker, combine cinnamon stick, spice ball, water, cranberry, raspberry, and apple juice concentrates.
- Cover and cook on Low: 5 to 6 hours or High: 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove spice ball and cinnamon stick and discard.
- About 5 minutes before serving, add tea bags to the slow cooker.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes, discard tea bags.
- To serve, ladle beverage into cups.
- If desired, float an orange slice in each cup.
Serves: 14 (6 oz) servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Low: 5 to 6 hours,High: 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours
Type of Food: Beverage - Nonalcoholic,Vegetarian,Hot Drink,Vegan
Key Ingredient: Juice,Tea,Lemons,Cinnamon,Oranges
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Slow Cooker
Themes/Holidays: Christmas,Thanksgiving,New Year's Day,New Year's Eve,Christmas Eve