Iced Red Wine Snow
#348 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 c water
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 c cabernet sauvignon wine
- 4 inch cinnamon stick
- 3/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c cranberry juice
- In saucepan, stir water, sugar, wine and cinnamon stick together, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cranberry juice and lemon juice; refrigerate until cold.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch pan and place it in the freezer.
- Stir mixture every 30 minutes with a fork to break up crystals, until frozen, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving, let sit out for a few minutes until slightly soft.
- Beat with a whisk till fluffy and scoop into bowls or goblets.
Serves: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 4 hours
Course: Palate Cleanser
Type of Food: Ice Cream/Ices/Sorbets,Palate Cleanser,Vegetarian,Vegan
Key Ingredient: Wine,Lemons,Cinnamon,Juice
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Freezer
Themes/Holidays: Christmas,Thanksgiving,Valentine's Day