#343 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 lemon, sliced, ends reserved
- 1 orange, sliced, ends reserved
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 (750 ml) bottle inexpensive merlot or burgandy wine
- 2 c carbonated water
- Put orange ends and lemon ends in saucepan with sugar and water.
- Boil until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool, squeezing juice from cooked fruit.
- Place wine, fruit and sugar mixture in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- Add carbonated water just before serving.
- Serve over ice.
Serves: 10 (4 oz) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Several Hours or Overnight
Type of Food: Beverage - Alcoholic,Vegetarian,Vegan
Key Ingredient: Wine,Fruit,Lemons,Limes,Oranges
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Refrigerator