Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
#314 Comment on this recipe.
Source: Roxane Kiliany
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 c flour, divided
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t almond extract
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 T light corn syrup
- 2-3 T milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter and cream cheese, beat with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 of the flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla extract, almond extract, and beat until combined.
- Beat or stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until firm, or overnight.
- On lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion of chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are lightly brown and cookies are puffed.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and corn syrup.
- Add milk to desired consistency.
- Frost cookies.
Serves: 32 cookies
Type of Food: Cookie,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Eggs
Difficulty: 3 - Difficult
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Electric Mixer,Refrigerator,Oven Bake