Chicken and Orecchiette Skillet Dinner
#24 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 oz uncooked orzo or orichette
- 2 c chopped tomato (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 c tomato paste, 66 g
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 c cooking liquid.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Saute 6 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add reserved cooking liquid, chopped tomato, tomato paste, salt, red pepper, and black pepper to skillet, cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, pasta and spinach leaves, stirring until spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese.
Type of Food: Pasta Dish,Skillet Dish
Key Ingredient: Chicken,Pasta,Spinach
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: No
Prep Method: Stovetop