#217 Comment on this recipe.
You can use 4 (12 oz) pkgs of mushrooms and double the remaining ingredients.
This recipe is great served with steak!
- 1 lb mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 c hot water
- 2 oz butter, 1/2 stick, plus 1 T butter, divided
- 2 T flour
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/8 t salt
- dash pepper
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 3/4 c Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 T butter, set aside.
- Disolve bouillon cubes in water, set aside.
- In saucepan, melt 1/2 stick of butter, blend in flour to make light roux.
- Add cream, salt, pepper and beef broth.
- In a greased casserole dish, combine mushrooms and broth mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix to combine, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Course: Side Dish
Type of Food: Casserole,Condiment/Sauce,Mushroom Dish
Key Ingredient: Mushrooms
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Stovetop,Oven Bake