#198 Comment on this recipe.
In the Southern United States, eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day is thought to bring prosperity in the new year.
- 1 (15 oz) cans black eye peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes with chiles
- 1 (11 oz) can shoe peg corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 t seasoned salt
- 1 t chili powder
- 8 oz Italain salad dressing
- corn chips or tortilla chips for dipping as an appetizer
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips, as an appetizer.
- Serve in individual dishes as a salad or side dish.
Serves: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Course: Appetizer,Salad,Side Dish
Type of Food: Salad,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Black-eyed Peas,Beans,Corn,Bell Peppers
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Refrigerator
Themes/Holidays: New Year's Day