#178 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb chuck roast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 T flour
- 1 T canola oil
- 4 c water
- 1 onion, coarsey diced
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 medium red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 4 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 t Gravy Master
- In plastic bag toss beef with flour to coat.
- In saucepan or Dutch oven heat oil until shimmering.
- Add beef mixture and cook until browned.
- Add water, onion and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes, celery and carrots, and Gravy Master, simmer covered for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Type of Food: Stew
Key Ingredient: Beef,Tomatoes,Potatoes,Carrots
Difficulty: 2 - Medium
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Stovetop