Beef Stew (slow cooker)
#177 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 T flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 lb. small (2 1/2 to 3 inch) red potoates, quartered
- 1 1/2 c frozer pearl onions
- 1 (1 lb) pkg fresh baby carrots
- 1 (12 oz) jar beef gravy
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 T flour
- 1/4 c cold water
- In plastic bag, sprinkle beef with 2 T flour, the salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add coated beef; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- In 4 to 6 qt slow cooker, layer potatoes, onions and carrots.
- Add browned beef; sprinkle with any remaining flour mixture.
- Top with gravy and tomatoes.
- Cover; cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- In small bowl, blend 3 T flour and the water until smooth. Stir into stew.
- Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 10 minutes or until thickened.
Serves: 6 (1 2/3 c)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Low: 8 to 10 hours
Type of Food: Stew
Key Ingredient: Beef,Potatoes,Onions,Carrots,Tomatoes
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Slow Cooker