Smoked Whitefish Spread
#145 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb smoked whitefish
- 2 T green onions, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh dill, chopped
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
- crackers for serving
- lemon slices and fresh dill for garnish (optional)
- Skin and bone the whitefish (Be very careful to get all of the bones out, they are white and very fine and can be mistaken for the flesh of the fish.)
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Place in a small bowl, and refrigerate.
- Before serving, garnish with lemon slices and fresh dill, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
Serves: 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Type of Food: Pate,Seafood
Key Ingredient: Fish,Cream Cheese,Parsley,Lemons
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Electric Mixer
Themes/Holidays: Christmas Eve