Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce - Hibachi
#111 Comment on this recipe.
This sauce must be made in advance to allow flavors to combine. I usually make the day before serving.
- 1/4 c water
- 1 1/2 t cornstarch
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c vinegar
- 1/4 c soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 t fresh ginger, minced
- 1 t canola oil
- 1/2 t sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 t garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch parsley
- In a small saucepan, combine this mixture with the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, oil, sesame seeds, garlic, red pepper flakes and parsley.
- in a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch and mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Type of Food: Condiment/Sauce,Vegetarian,Vegan
Key Ingredient: Ginger,Soy Sauce
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes, required