#617 Comment on this recipe.
This is delicious on Beer Bread!
- zest of 1 large navel orange, finely chopped
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter, room temperature
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 T Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- In a mortar and pestle or food processor, pound or process the orange zest and the sugar.
- Add the butter and mix together until creamy and fluffy.
- Dribble in the orange juice and Cointreau a bit at a time, still processing, until it is all absorbed.
- Pack into a ramekin and smooth off the top, and serve with breads.
- If desired, spread the butter on a long sheet of plastic wrap and roll up into a cylinder.
- Chill or freeze and cut off 1/2 inch disks of the flavored butter as needed.
Picture of Recipe
Serves: 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Type of Food: Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Butter,
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Food Processor