Mexican Black Beans
#385 Comment on this recipe.
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, jalapeno and cumin; saute 30 seconds.
- Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coarsley mash beans with potato masher.
- Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Picture of Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Course: Side Dish
Type of Food: Bean Dish
Key Ingredient: Beans,Jalapeno Peppers,Limes
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Stovetop
Themes/Holidays: Cinco de Mayo