Baked Nachos with Cheese
#240 Comment on this recipe.
Source: Richard Nash
Rich and Thomas like to make these nachos when we watch football games, they are delicious!
- Bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- Lots of Cheddar cheese, shredded (Note: some prefer sharp, some not so sharp)
- Your favorite salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. A convection oven works best.
- In a large rectangular casserole dish, cover the bottom with a single layer of chips.
- Cover the chips with some of the cheese so that each chip has at least some cheese on it, and no chip has too tall of a pile.
- Cover the layer of cheese with another layer of chips, and repeat until you have 4 or 5 layers, or until you run out of cheese, which usually happens first.
- Place nachos in 425°F oven, and bake for 5-10 minutes. You have to keep an eye on them.
- Remove nachos from the oven when the top layer is just starting to brown. You want the cheese to have melted in the inner layers, but you don't want to burn the top layer.
- Serve nachos immediately, as they are best when they are still hot. Dip nachos in salsa if you choose.
Picture of Recipe
Serves: 3 to 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Type of Food: Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Cheese
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake