Hash Brown Potato Casserole
#227 Comment on this recipe.
Source: Aunt Loretta Stopera
If you prefer, you can reduce the total butter used to 1/2 cup, using 1/4 cup for the potatoes and 1/4 cup for the topping.
- 1 (32 oz) frozen diced hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 c margarine, melted, divided
- 12 oz sharp Cheddar or Longhorn cheese, shredded (3 c)
- 8 oz sour cream (1 c)
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 c crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, 1/2 c melted margarine, cheese, sour cream, salt, and onion.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 inch casserole pan.
- In a small bowl, combine, remaining 1/2 c melted margarine and corn flakes. Stir till thoroughly combined.
- Spread corn flake mixture over potato casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
Picture of Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Course: Side Dish
Type of Food: Potato Dish,Vegetarian
Key Ingredient: Potatoes,Sour Cream,Cheese,Onions
Difficulty: 1 - Easy
Make Ahead: Yes
Prep Method: Oven Bake